Weighbridge & Grain Lab Operator – Harvest
GW Topham & Son are seeking a further individual to help maintain the smooth and effective running of the weighbridge during the busy harvest season. The candidate will be expected to get fully involved in the day-to-day running of the weighbridge, including the weighing in and out of lorries and tractor-trailers, as well as taking responsibility for the testing of grain being moved. The role will entail some liaising with farmers, grain merchants and hauliers, to ensure that all grain meets the required standards for intake and outtake. Standard hours will be 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday, but during harvest there will be considerable scope to earn substantial overtime at enhanced rates. The working hours will be typical for an arable farm of this size during the harvest period. There will be long working days (well into the evening) and 7 day a week working may be necessary as workload and weather dictates. Full training will be provided for the right candidate so a background in agriculture is not essential.
· Weighing of vehicles across two weighbridges.
· Swift and precise grain analysis utilising a variety of methods and equipment.
· Accurate recording of data on to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
· Distribution of information to relevant parties via appropriate communication tools.
· Maintenance of a clean, safe and orderly working environment.
Key skills to include:
· Confident communicator, both verbal and written.
· Robust ability to organise workload and prioritize tasks.
· Computer literate and familiarity with Excel spreadsheets.
In exchange we can offer:
· Superb on-site accommodation in recent barn conversion.
· Guaranteed opportunities for overtime.
· Full training.
· Opportunity to work alongside a friendly, dedicated full-time team.
Start date: Late June /Early July
Contract length: 2/3 months
Salary: £11.44 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.