Grain Laboratory Technician – Harvest
GW Topham & Son are seeking a further individual to help maintain the smooth and effective running of their grain laboratory during the busy harvest season. The candidate will be expected to get fully involved in the day-to-day running of the lab, including the functional care and maintenance of all laboratory machines, performance of internal quality control checks and responsibility for the testing of grain being weighed in and out of the stores. The role will also entail liaising with farmers, grain merchants and hauliers, to ensure that all grain meets the required standards for intake and outtake. Standard hours will be 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday, but during harvest there will be considerable scope to earn substantial overtime at enhanced rates. Experience of working in this type of environment would be welcomed but full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Swift and precise grain analysis utilising a variety of methods and equipment.
- Accurate recording of data on to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Distribution of information to relevant parties via appropriate communication tools
- Maintenance of a clean, safe, and orderly working environment
Key skills to include:
- Confident communicator, both verbal and written
- Robust ability to organise workload and prioritize tasks.
- Computer literate and familiarity with Excel spreadsheets
In exchange we can offer:
- Superb on-site accommodation in recent barn conversion
- Guaranteed opportunities for overtime.
- Full training
- Opportunity to work alongside a friendly, dedicated full-time team.
Start date: Late June / Early July
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 2-3 months
Salary: £10.50 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.